July 7, 2011
Hand Drawn Haystack / Case Study 47
Well, I back. My new computer is up and running and most of my programs are working. I have windows 7 now and a lot of my really old graphic files (like Hallmark, Create a Card, PrintMaster...) can not be read. So......we're keeping the old computer, adding an internet card and I'll grab files from the old disks this way. Best yet, my 6 year old grandson, Jachob, can play his Nick games while I sit next to him playing with my computer.
This week for Case Study we have a new muse, Dawn Woleslagle, she's a graphic artist and creates stamps. I should look into making stamps from my stuff....but how? Anybody know how to go about this while not owning a stamp maker? These thoughts were running through my head as I started figuring out my card. I'm a terrible stamper and I'm not gonna buy a $100 dollars in Coptic when I have watercolors and pencils. And then I thought about an image I made for thanksgiving cards for Operation Write Home. After finding just the right sentiment, I went to work in Corel 14. I designed the sentiment and the image. While casing the DT's cards I noticed the score embossing on them. My take is a little different, but I like it and that counts for a lot. I also used a sheer butterscotch ribbon and orange string ribbon with matching buttons. The little orange ribbon strips were added last, the look just came to me. This is one of the "cleanest" simple cards I've ever made. Less is More. It looks like I may be one of the first cards entered for Case Study 47. I was just so anxious to get back after being down. Take care and peace to all.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
My card is also entered with: Stamping Sisters in Christ